Saturday, May 17, 2014

Six

Today is our anniversary - six years.

2008

Apparently we didn't take many photos together in 2009 -- oops!

2010


2011

2012

2013


2014

There have been good days, bad days, laughter, tears, fights, love, and everything emotion you can imagine in between.

God has used marriage in my life to teach me about my own sinfulness and desperate need of the gospel.  Can you say selfish?  Because this is me.  I so need Jesus to be able to love James well and he needs Him to love me because let's be honest, we're not always that loveable.

The past two years have been especially sweet as we've had Hudson.  God has used Hudson to bring James and me closer as we not only strive to love and serve one another well, but also come together to do what's best for our little one.  Parenting is truly a team effort.

This past year, James has pastored our sweet little church.  That has brought a new dynamic to our marriage that I both expected and didn't expect (do not try to make it make sense). Watching you pour yourself over the Scriputres as you prepare sermons, hearing your prayers for the people who need Jesus in our community, and listening to your heart for the people of our church has done a lot to strengthen my faith in our great God.

It's been sweet to have him as my partner in this journey of marriage, parenthood, and ministry.

We're both unnecessarily stubborn, passionate, tempermental, and thankfully completely committed to each other.  I'm thankful for you, James! Marriage truly is a minefield, but with God's grace and mercy we're dancing our way through it.



We bear the light of hte Son of Man, so there's nothing left to fear. 
So I'll walk with you in the Shadowlands until the shadows disappaer. 
Because he promised not to leave us and his promises are true.
So in the face of all this chaos, I can dance with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment