Monday, June 24, 2013

Garden Update

It's been a while since I've updated about our garden, so here we go!

This was my view out the kitchen window this evening as I cooked dinner.  James weeding and Hudson digging - so precious.


 
After dinner, I went out to join them.  James was hoeing out weeds and I was in charge of raking them away.  Hudson, he was in charge of being cute!
 
Playing in the garden naked is how Hudson works!

Note the dirt around his mouth.  I had just fed him dinner, too!

Our veggies are growing!

We have about 6 watermelon plants sprouting.

There's a whole hill of carrots about 5 feet long.

Beans, beans good for your heart....

The sunflowers are by far growing the best.  Figures since we can't eat them. 
Well I guess we can eat the seeds!


Okra
 
 
Corn
Meanwhile while I'm raking away weeds and rocks, Hudson's having his own fun in the Southwest corner.






There was a crazy wind storm Sunday afternoon. 
Our yard is littered with corn stalks from the farm behind us.

 
See the hole?  Apparently Mr. Mole understands the first rule of real estate (location, location, location) as his home is about a foot from the Northeast corner of our garden.




 


 
Soon it was time to go inside and straight to the bathtub!
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment