December began with Christmas festivities. We had our Christmas program wtih record attendance - 49! Plus we enjoyed a soup and sandwich lunch afterward.
We hosted a Christmas Open House at the Parsonage. The entire congregation was invited to stop by for snacks and to just hang out. Most everyone came. We ended up playing Apples to Apples and Mrs. Mable won!
We had the youth over for New Years' Eve. We ate and played games: spoons, Apples to Apples, and Scrabble. At midnight, we enjoyed waffles and sparkling grape juice. Hudson amazingly not only stayed up until midnight, but was so energized from having the teens over that he didn't go to sleep until 2 A.M. Yawn!
In February, we took the youth to a sister church to hear Wise Choices. Take the time to check out their ministry's website. I've heard a lot of abstinence speakers. Sadly, many are no more than fear-mongerers. However, Barb and Rich weren't that - they spoke of God's grace and forgiveness and restoration. It was very encouraging.
Valentine's Weekend, I took my Sunday School class of preteen girls for a girls' afternoon. We did manicures, ate chocolate, and studied the life of Leah and Ruth, Proverbs 7, 1 Corinthians 7, and Ephesians 5 to help understand God's plan for marriage. I love these girls - they are such fun!
|C making a birthday cake for fellow youth worker, MAE|
James is preaching through the book of Mark on Sunday morning and just finished preaching through Judges in the evenings and is starting Ruth.
We've had some sicknesses in our church family. Hospitalizations, Physical Therapy Rehab, etc...
- James has been specifically praying for two families to join our church - whether by conversion or transfer of membership. Please join him in praying for this.
- Youth Sunday is March 8th - pray for our youth as they lead the services that day.
- Youth Bible Study - we'll finally finishing up Share Jesus Without Fear. Man, it has taken forever. Pray for guidance as we select a new study.
- Summer plans: elementary camp, youth camp, mission trip, VBS, just to name a few.
- Summer Mission Trip - we plan to tag along with our old church in Louisville on their summer mission trip this year. I have asked three people to accompany them along with me. Please ask that the Lord will provide for this.
And just for fun - Enjoy this snapshots of Hudson playing in the snow this winter. 19 Days until Spring!