Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Got Milk?

TMI Warning - this is a post about my adventures in nursing thus far.

The Lord has been very kind and so far nursing sweet Hudson has been going extremely well.  Once my milk came in, it came in with avengance and sweet boy definitely gets a tummy full. 

Some of my favorite things about nursing:

1)  It's free, 'nuff said.
2)  It's so healthy - the benefits are simply amazing.
3)  It's portable - as long as we're together, he can eat.  It requires no set up, no heating bottles, no mixing formula, it's so easy.
4)  But by far the best part are moments like these:


Notice how he's holding my finger - such a sweet bonding moment.



Note the milk moustache. 
 I'm thinking of sending this picture to the GotMilk? people -
I see a new ad campaign :)





And afterwards, with a tummy full - he generally falls straight asleep.



Hudson generally nurses about 10 times a day - every 2-3 hours during the day and after about 5-6 hours initally at night. 

I'm a slow eater (usually because I'm talking - haha) but I think Hudson takes after me as he makes a habit of nursing 15-20 minutes each side.  Granted, that's not a solid 15-20 minutes.  During that time he'll eat, stop, look around, think important thoughts, solve world problems, eat again, etc...  He definitely does not get in a hurry. 

He has literally only spit up twice and rarely needs to be burped (though I do burp him each time just in case).  He must have a great metabolism as after he eats, we can expect a diaper change within about an hour - haha.  And nursed babies have poop that really doesn't stink, which is an added plus.

I know nursing doesn't come easy to everyone so we are extremely grateful to the Lord that this has been an easy transition so far.  He is good to bless us in this way.  It may seem like a small thing, but definitely an important one.

No comments:

Post a Comment