Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thankful for the Lord's Provisin Part VI

It's been a while since I've done one of these posts.  However, don't let my unfaithfulness deceive you into thinking the Lord has been absent.  True to his nature, he's proven more faithful than ever.

First - a BIG praise!  Hudson has health insurance.  We applied for him to have health insurance a few weeks after his birth and experienced no troubles.  I'm so thankful for a healthy baby.  So even though I'm still uninsurable (sigh) sweet baby isn't and I can't tell you what a comfort and peace that gives to know that if he's sick he can go to the doc with little concern financially.

Second - another BIG praise!  When Hudson was approved for health insurance, it never occured to me that it would be retroactive to cover some of the costs of his birth.  Apparently that's how it works with babies so long as you get them covered within the first 30 days of life outside the womb.  So our 27,000 some-odd dollar medical debt has been reduced by $2,900.  That was "Hudson's" part of the hospital bill for our three day stay after delivery.  Not a huge reduction; it's just over 10% but we'll definitely take it and are grateful for it.  Sadly I wish someone had told me to call my OB before 4 months was up that way they could have billed his circumcision fee because apparently now they can't - serious bummer.  But the Lord will provide.

Third - we're thankful for the Lord's provision of friends with 2 year old and 4 year old boys.  Why you ask?  Because they give super, awesome, cute hand-me-down clothes.  Check out this adorable (and so generous) stack of clothes.



It's all 18 and 24 month stuff so Hudson won't be able to wear it for a while, but Lord willing, he will get to wear them.  So when he gets that big, we'll be excited to share with him how these are A and E's clothes.  I'm sure he'll think A & E are super cool being older and wiser so we're hoping he'll love wearing their clothes.

These may all seem like small things and for the most part they are.  No, God has yet to provide a better job for James.  No, God has yet to cause the hospital to take pity on us and dramatically reduce our big debt.  No, God has yet to make me "insurable."  There are a lot of things God has yet to do and perhaps, he will never do.  But God has done so much - both big and small.  So much that I pray everyday that I don't take any of it for granted.  Simple, small things that are easily overlooked in my sin of self-pity, selfishness, and comparison to/envy of others.  But despite my sin, God continues to show himself faithful to us in all things.
 
If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.
2 Timothy 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment