Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Blessing of Morning Sickness


This has been my view lately.


Taking that into consideration, when reading the title of this post you may be thinking, "Huh? Crazy Title!" Let me explain:

First "Morning" Sickness is a bit of a misnomer. It doesn't restrain itself to the mornings. I am finding that I am generally only queasy in the mornings, unless brushing my teeth sets something off. It's the evenings that I tend to "lose" my dinner, literally. Which also means I lose my prenatal vitamin, folic acid, and other meds - sigh. I'm experimenting with taking my meds at different times so prevent losing them. My baby needs these medicines!

However, the Blessing part is not a misnomer. I thank the Lord that he has given me an attitude to count Morning Sickness as a blessing. You see, my body (though fearfully and wonderfully created) rarely responds appropriately. I'm kind of a medical marvel - ha! So, the fact that my body is doing what is expected - is a blessing to my little heart. While I know morning sickness is no indicator necessarily of a healthy baby - I would find myself fearful and worried more if I didn't feel sick so it is a blessing from the Lord. I pray daily that I can continue in this pregnancy until delivery - that I have a healthy and strong baby - and that I would not complain or take this gift for granted.

Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of Lights.
James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment