Wednesday, January 18, 2012

20 Weeks

20 Weeks - Half-way there - yahoo!
I have been told several times this week that face-on, I don't look pregnant.
Perhaps?
But the profile view definitely leaves little to question.
In other news, my belly-button is no longer an innie.
(Ignore the random crazy belly hair - surely this isn't normal)
This has been a crazy week/day. Tuesday (which was definitely a Monday in disguise) welcomed a series of tornadoes in L'ville - 6 confirmed so far. Praise Jesus, we were safe and sound. That afternoon, James fell at work and sprained his ankle. We visited the ER that evening just to get it checked out and were sent home in an ace bandage.


Today, he went to the Occupational Physician for a follow-up and he believes the sprain is worse than the ER doc said last night. He is now in a walking boot to immobilize his ankle and off work, resting, until Monday.


Today at school, I fell flat on my hands and knees in the hallway - apparently Lackeys and walking do not mix. Embarassing to say the least. The worse part was that I tried to take down a sweet 3rd grader in the process - sorry Will! My knees are a little sore, but I'm OK and Hudson has been flipping around courtesy of a Fudge Round after dinner so I'm pretty confident he's OK as well.


After school I had my follow-up with Dr. B. Sad News - my UTI is there still. Really? It's been almost 2 months and 4 rounds of antibiotics. He did say it looked better (compared to the previous visits), but still infected nonetheless. He went ahead and scheduled a renal ultrasound at the local hospital for next week to check for obstructions and what-not. Sigh.


But hope is not lost. There are praises this week:


We received the financial aid papers from the local hospital. Hopefully we'll qualify for a nice discount since we have no insurance. We've been shopping around to find the best - read: most affordable - place to deliver Hudson. Courtesy of this sprain, James is off work for the rest of the week so he work on completing all the forms.


I received an anonymous card in my box at school this afternoon which contained almost the exact amount of what I needed to pay Dr. B today. Thank you - whoever you are!


Though I still have this UTI, I'm still asymptomatic. I guess that's a praise. I literally feel fine.


Hudson received a sweet little gift this afternoon from one of my students:
Isn't it cute? It's 6-12 months so it should fit him his first winter.


I'm teaching tomorrow in chapel at school. We're doing the ABCs of God and tomorrow is H for God Hears. In studying, I've been encouraged to keep praying and praising God - he hears me and will answer!


Rejoice in the Lord always
Again, I say, Rejoice
Let your reasonableness be known to everyone
The Lord is at hand;
Do not be anxious about anything
but in everything
by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God
which surpasses all understanding
will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7 ESV

1 comment:

  1. And God hears our Hudson's every move and hearbeat!

    But I can't walk either...haven't fell in my heels at work yet! But I am looking for it! LOL It comes with the name Lackey...I swear. Also, once you have the name...it's just in you. Falling is an art for a Lackey. I promise this too!

    Praying for you guys! Love my nephew!

    ReplyDelete