Thursday, May 17, 2012

Four Years

Happy Fourth Anniversary to us!



So, what's marriage been like so far? You ask.  Well, Noel Piper's foreward in her husband's book
This Momentary Marriage pretty much sums up what it's been like:

      In our real life, I swing somewhere between two extremes.  At one end of the pendulum's
      arc, I'm in wonder: "How in the world did I ever get such an amazing husband? What did
      I ever do  that he should have paid me a bit of notice, never mind ask me to marry him?"
      ...
      By contrast, when inertia and resistance are dragging us downward, I'm asking myself,
      "How in the world did we ever get into such a mess? What happened to make us feel this
      kind of disagreement and unhappiness?"
      ...
      The pendulum of our marriage oscillates and sometimes wobbles, but it is suspended
      from above and is firmly attached.  By God's grace, it will not crash to the ground.



So today, I am thankful.
  • Thankful for four years of marraige that have taught me so much - mostly just how desperately sinful and in complete need of Jesus every minute of every day that I am.
  • Thankful for a husband who loves me just as I am.  But who loves me enough to tell me when I'm wrong and knows that God wants so much more from us and gently leads us on that long road of sanctification.
  • Thankful that in 15 short days we'll no longer be a family of simply husband and wife, but will take on the roles of Mom and Dad.
  • Most of all, I'm thankful to our God who created marriage to reflect his love and covenant with us and by whose grace our marriage has not and will not crash to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment