Monday, November 28, 2011

Denied

That's what I heard today from the caseworker who has been in charge of my insurance application.

It was not a fun conversation. There were tears - lots of them. The caseworker was absolutely no help. When I asked about appealing she basically gave me the run around and said my only option was to go to another office location and reapply. After pushing her, she finally gave me a number to the main office in Frankfort.

Enter about an hour of crying. My poor students had no idea what was going on. I had to leave the room because I didn't want to answer questions from 23 little ones. Sweet Mrs. G sacrificed the majority of her break to keep them entertained while I gathered myself and cried on the principal's shoulders. (Did I mention that I am not a "pretty" crier - you know those people who shed tears and still look great? Yeah, that's so not me.)

Once I stopped crying, I called Frankfort. After being transferred a few times, I finally ended up with the number for the appeal office and was told I needed to write a request for an appeal hearing and fax them every piece of information I gave to/received from the caseworker. This is no guarantee things will go my way at all, but at least there is an option. Four hours later after fighting both with our campus' fax machine and internet - the letter and information was sent.

So friends, I am asking you to pray.

First, pray for favor with Frankfort. I need this insurance as no one else will cover me. I need this insurance quickly. James and I are already in the hole almost a thousand dollars in self-pay doctor's visits and we have three more visits scheduled before the end of the year.

Second and most importantly, please pray for the Lord to build my trust. I know he has not and will not abandon us. I know he has a plan. I know he is good even when situations aren't. I must trust him.

Give attention to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,
for to you do I pray.
Psalm 5:2

1 comment:

  1. Praying! In the name of Jesus, I life up my sweet little sister Melissa! I specifically pray that you will grant her favor with Frankfort and that her insurance is approved! I also lift up Melissa and James as they seek you during this time! Let them know and feel your loving arms around you! You have already ordered the steps for this process, so now we stand Lord and we know that in all things You work out for our good! We glorify you and Praise YOU for You have a hope and a plan for their future and for Baby Lackey! Thanking you in advance!

    ReplyDelete