Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful for the Lord's Provision - Part II

Most of you know that my mom passed away when I was 18. I have a wonderful step-mom, sister, and great friends back home; but that's back home. Both James' and my families/childhood friends live hours away in other states. Therefore at times I feel kinda orphaned. Particularly when facing difficult times or when I have questions simply because Mom isn't close by. (Disclaimer - yes, there is always the phone, email and facebook - it's just not the same.)

However, the Lord is kind. He provides people in our lives to guide us, particularly when we feel there is no one else. Meet two such people in my life:


Mrs. G
Mrs. B

Mrs. G & Mrs. B teach at the same school at which I teach. Mrs. B teaches 3rd and Mrs. G teaches 6th and I can say in all honesty we have a lot of fun at school - pranks, trading lesson ideas, laughing about our students, etc... They make work fun.

Both are solid believers who seek to be obedient to the Lord in their lives and encourage the same in others. Mrs. G is a former nurse with tons of medical knowledge. Mrs. B has a Masters in Education and is certified pretty much from birth to death therefore she knows all about child development. Plus, between the two of them they have been married about 40 years and have raised 7 young men to teenagehood/adulthood (and survived - both the boys and them - ha). Therefore, in my book they are pretty qualified to give advice. Being fairly newly married (3 years) and now pregnant for the first time - I always have tons of questions: random questions, serious questions, and embarrassing questions.

Plus, they are just stinkin' sweet. Check out what awaited me Tuesday morning at work:

Courtesy of Mrs. G

I am thankful to the Lord for their wisdom and friendship. If you ever feel alone, I pray you look around and realize that the Lord in his kindness has most likely put people in your lives who are available and qualified to help guide you. The Lord is definitely good and provides all things.

The Lord will supply all my needs,
according to his riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

2 comments:

  1. To Mrs. G. and Mrs. B., I love you and I'm thankful for you. I don't have to worry about my niece or nephew...my God is providing. Thank you guys for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. B. is one of my favorite people...I haven't seen her in a long time, but I hope that that changes soon. :) However, I would like to also say that I LOVE living in the same city as you because that means that I can be a substitute auntie who spoils Baby Lackey!!

    ReplyDelete