Monday, March 5, 2012

10 Reasons Why I'm Glad to be Having a Boy

Love that little face so much!


10) Chivalry Lessons! Eventually (give it a couple of years or so until he's bigger) there will be TWO boys (ok, one boy and one man) to hold the door for me, carry in groceries, and generally be gentlemanly. I like that I'm a girl :)

9) I like that if we have more children (which I'm praying I can squeeze out at least one more) that a son will be first. I hope it develops his "protector/provider" gene a little more. First-born girls seem to be a tad bossy, from my experience as a teacher.

8) The Lackey surname will continue. I'm not sure why this is so important to me, but it is...I guess I'm "old school."

7) We won't have to fight the modesty battle when it comes to buying him clothes. Have you seen the clothes stores sell for little girls? Shake.my.head.

6) Based on my experience as an elementary school teacher, I think boys are easier. Yes, they tend to be more hyper but I think that in the attitude/drama depeartment, they tend to be a tad easier going.

5) James will have a fishing buddy and it won't be me! I am no good at fishing at all, hence I dislike it fairly intensely. Hopefully Hudson will enjoy the outdoors because James will be crushed if he doesn't.

4) I don't mind dirt and boys tend to enjoy being dirty.

3) I really like legos and am looking forward to building stuff with my son.

2) While I'm sad that I'll miss out on hair-bows and such (unless the Lord blesses with a girl later) I adore little boy hair - the crew cuts, the curly mops (I'm not-so-secrely hoping he gets my curly hair), whatever - they are just too cute!

1) Sons LOVE their mothers. From all the "Moms of Boys" I know, this is a common comment. Like #10, it really all comes down to me - haha.

Sons are a heritage from the Lord,
children a reward from him.
Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment