Thursday, March 22, 2012

29 Weeks

Check out that bump - geez louise!

See the bags under my eyes? Yeah, sleep is not my friend right about now. Actually, I would LOVE to be BFFs with sleep but apparently sleep doesn't want to hang out. Between heartburn, having to pee every four hours on the dot, nightsweats, and general uncomfortableness - I'm not sleeping very well. Sigh. I'm trying to take the high road and consider it the Lord's preparation for when Hudson arrives and sleep will be illusive then as well.

I had my 6-week follow-up with Dr. V, the thyroid doc. Good news again - my thyroid loves pregnancy - yahoo!

Stats from Dr. V:

Weight: 125.8, which is up .8 pound from my last OB two weeks ago.
BP: 109/65 (very pleased)

O2 Level: 100 (despite the nasty sneezing I've been doing lately)

Thyroid: 1.15 (normal is between 1 and 2)

Best of all - I get to not see her until 6 weeks (no offense, Dr. V)

The gestational diabetes diet is going well. My blood sugar is holding steady. I've had a few high and low readings, but overall my average is somewhere around 90. Of course, as Murphy's Law would dictate, it would seem that everywhere I look there's food I can't eat. Recently, I have been offered ice cream and a lollipop from two of my students (which I graciously denied and let them eat), given a free dessert (which I watched James eat) at KFC since they messed up our order, and ignored a mission trip bake-sale at school.

The next two weekends are going to be crazy busy with visiting family in WV this weekend and TN next. Gotta get in all that traveling before I'm too big to travel long distances safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment