Wednesday, April 18, 2012

33 Weeks

Man, I'm looking a bit rough.

This week has been brought to you by the letter U for Uncomfortable. That's definitely the adjective of choice for describing how I've felt lately. Everyone tells you how uncomfortable the end of pregnancy can be, but I don't think you really understand until you're there. Aside from no sleep, my back and hips have been hurting quite a bit lately.

Monday night, I shed my first pity tears. Now, I've cried a lot during this pregnancy: tears of joy, fear, frustration, repentance, and thankfulness. But Monday, I was in pain. It was not pleasant to say the least. Thankfully, the Lord is kind and answered my prayer for renewed strength as Tuesday I felt much better.

The sweet teachers and principal at my school have been so kind and thoughtful to do what they can to make teaching easier for me. Mrs. G spearheaded a campaign to organize other teachers to take my students to and from specials, particularly the ones that involve walking across the parking lot to the other side of our campus, so I can conserve my energy and strength. I am so thankful to work at a place where people have the Lord's servant-hearts and truly try to help out in times of weakness. It's a wonderful picture of how the body of Christ should work. Tomorrow, they are hosting a baby shower at my school for which I'm excited to see parents I don't often get to see on a regular basis.

Though it's been a rough week, physically, it's also been a great week. My students have been really sweet. Today sweet AD said, "Mrs. Lackey I think your baby is moving - I see your shirt moving." Sure enough, he was tossing around so each child took a turn pushing on him and feeling him move. Then they asked the strangest question: "Mrs. Lackey, what do you want Hudson to be when he grows up?" I thought this was strange as I don't anticipate 2nd graders are thinking of the future, but it lead to a great discussion on using one's talents to serve the Lord and others. The boys, in particular, have been very chivalrous lately. Today, one student brought Hudson a gift as she can't come to tomorrow's shower and sweet NC just took it from me without asking as I was carrying it down the hallway during dismissal and carried it for me. Though it wasn't heavy, I let him and was thankful for his servant-heart.

So though this week hasn't started out as much fun, the Lord is faithful to reveal his goodness to me inspite of difficulties. I praise him for his work in my life and reminding me that I have not been abandoned, even when days are hard.

The Lord is with you,
He is mighty to save.
Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment