Thursday, April 26, 2012

34 Weeks

 Here I am in all my 34-week glory.  I had to change shirts twice this morning to find one long enough to cover said baby bump (all my XL-men's tanks are in the laundry to wash)


Today was my 34 week appointment with the OB.  Here are the stats:

My BP: 118/64
My weight: still 125 - I promise I'm eating - just not gaining any.
Hudson's heart rate: 150-something
Fundal Height - 34, right on target!  Again, this is the reason they aren't concerned that I'm not packing on the pounds.

I'm now on the weekly rotation and have an OB appointment every Thursday from now until the day before Hudson's delivery.  Yahoo.

Weird News:  While the doc was pushing on my belly feeling Hudson she said, "Oh you just had a little contraction."  I was totally surprised as I felt nothing.  She said this was normal ...

Best News: NO PROTEIN in my urine!  Granted, I am now on antibiotics so this is expected.  Dr. B, my urologist has me on a prophalactic antibiotic to prevent UTIs but I had to stop taking it at the beginning of the 3rd trimester because it can cause liver damage to the baby.  So Sunday, after my week of uncomfortableness, I began having UTI symptoms - no fun.  Monday, I went to the doctor and sure enough, I had an UTI.  I've been on a different antibiotic since then.  The symptoms are gone and I'm feeling pretty decent.

Side Note:  I do want to brag on my urologist, Dr. B.  I actually went to the OB Monday for the UTI simply because their office could get me in before Dr. B and when in pain, I'm pretty impatient.  Well this evening guess who called me?  Dr. B himself.  He just wanted to let me know that he had gotten their fax about the urine culture and wanted to see how I was feeling, etc...  This is the same doctor who called me on Christmas Day to see if I was doing alright.  Seriously people, if you ever need an urologist, I 100% recommend him.

And because I couldn't resist, here's a bare belly shot. 


Praises from this week:

1) Antibiotics - they are my friend.
2) The Lord's kindness - Though my sleep isn't what it once was and I'm guessing it never will be (haha) the Lord has been so kind this week to allow me to get some decent sleep so I'm not so very emotional.
3) My sweet little students - I came back to work Wednesday to find a big note on my desk from the students.  (I should have took a picture, but didn't sorry)  It featured a baby on it and the words "Mrs. Lackey - you're almost there!"  How sweet!  Apparently I have a whole class of Barnabuses.  Or would that be Barnabi? :)

34 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment